To Follow Click The Button Below

Thursday, October 21, 2021

And The Mountains Echoed by Khaled Hosseini

 

I read The Kite Runner, by Mr. Hosseini 5 or 6 years ago and it was an excellent and moving book but extremely sad.  When I thought it couldn't get sadder it did.  It talked to Barb W and she was at a book talk by Mr Hosseini and he said that his wife made him change the ending so it was not  quiet so sad.  Man I would of hated to read that ending.  So I have had this book in my collection for some time but was afraid to read it as I thought it would be just as sad.  With what happened in Afghanistan this summer I thought I should read it as he is the only Afghani author I could think of. The book is a bit sad but excellent.  The ending is nowhere near as sad as The Kite Runner but it is a bit sad but does tie up the beginning and the middle up quiet nicely.  And The Mountains Echoed bounces around a bit from the past to the present and to the middle but it is not too hard to keep track of characters during that timeline.  As a father it makes me think of all the decisions that I have done for my children either correctly or incorrectly or at least I thought I was correct at the time but swing and a miss.  If you have not read his work, Mr Hosseini is a very good author and I strongly recommend both The Kite Runner & And The Mountains Echoed.  The question now is I own A Thousand Splendid Suns by Mr Hosseini but do I read it now or later.

 If you are Canadian and  making any amazon.ca purchase please click on my links below first as I will get a small commission on anything you buy even if it is something else.   Thanks. Tell your friends.  Hell tell your enemies.  Buy your Christmas gifts soon.  If you are interested in this book please click on the link below.

No comments:

Post a Comment