To Follow Click The Button Below

Monday, March 6, 2023

Song of the Day for Monday

 Slava Ukraini

Heroiam Slava

  


 Wordle 625 4/6

 ⬛⬛🟨⬛⬛

🟩⬛⬛⬛🟩

⬛⬛⬛🟨⬛

🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩


Here is this week's The Math Contest question of the week.


I was so so fast.  Top 10 fast and top Canuck anyway.


Here is my solution for last week's The Math Contest question of the week.


MG didn't do  the factored form of  sum of cubes and just worked with substitution so I tried it and it worked.  See below.

One goal in Tim's yesterday.  Here are today's picks.


Here are some picks from when the kids were both doing Knobby's Kids Hockey at Lanspeary on Saturday mornings.



Please buy Coach H a Gatorade through Paypal by clicking below. Thank you. :)

Today's song comes from 80 off this San Fran Cali band's debut album Fresh Fruit and Rotting Vegetables.  It is a cover of a 64 song that was sung by The King and also covered in 99 by ZZ Top.  Jello Biafra was the lead singer of today's band and his spoken word on No More Cocoons is great.  In concert his spoken word might only be rivalled by Henry Rollins, formerly of Black Flag.  Today's band is The Dead Kennedys and the song is Viva Las Vegas.  I remember wearing a DK concert shirt in the elevator in the math building at the U.  Prof Wigley was in the elevator and I did not know who he was yet.  He looked at me and my shirt and said "What the hell is that shirt, it's sacrilegious?"   I said it was punk rock and got off  the elevator no putting together that anyone getting off on the floors higher was math.  Next day I walk into 2nd year Real Analysis, the hardest math course going and I was late and  guess who the prof is?  Yep it's Neil and he laughs at me and says "It's the guy with the shirt".  This is a class of 8 or 9 people tops.  I figure I am going to fail this class for sure  Turns out I loved taking Neil's class and shared several beers with him. R.I.P. Neil.  I wish put-in would rest in pieces.  Here is the album version and and a live version when Jello was young back in 79.  Well when we were all young.

Please buy Coach H a Gatorade through Paypal by clicking below. Thank you. :)



Please buy Coach H a Gatorade through Paypal by clicking below. Thank you. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment