To Follow Click The Button Below

Sunday, May 1, 2022

Song of the Day for Sunday

  Slava Ukraini

Heroiam Slava


Wordle 316 6/6

⬛🟨⬛⬛⬛

🟨🟩⬛⬛⬛

⬛🟩🟩⬛⬛

⬛🟩🟩🟨⬛

⬛🟩🟩⬛🟩

🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 



nerdlegame 102 4/6

 πŸŸͺ⬛⬛⬛⬛🟩🟩πŸŸͺ

⬛⬛🟩⬛πŸŸͺ🟩🟩πŸŸͺ

🟩⬛🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩⬛

🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩


  

Please donate by Paypal by clicking above. Thank you. :) 

Happy May Day.  Today is usually a big  worker and trade union day in Europe.  So today's song of the day will be their honour.  I saw this English singer over at St. Andrew's in Detroit back in 83-84.  I was standing on the floor with my girlfriend at the time and the singer whose birth name is Stephen stood next to me.  I introduce myself to him and he said to keep it on the qt as he did not want people to know who he was as most the kids in the audience would not recognize him from a hole in the ground.  Best part of the show is when he flipped his guitar around and he had a bumper sticker on it that said "Like Bush".  Remember who was running for or was President at the time.  It took a bit for the kids from the burbs to get it and they didn't know whether to shit or wind their watch.  Ok.  Hints.  Both his initials are the same.  His albums include Talking With The Taxman About Poetry, Workers Playtime, Life's A Riot With Spy Vs. Spy.  The song I picked is off that last album from 83 and is probably better known from the cover from 85 by Kristy MacColl.  The first two lines of the song are copied from Paul Simon.   "I was 21 years when I wrote this song/I'm 22 now, but I won't be for long".  The artist is Billy Bragg or better known as the Cuddly Communist and the song is A New England.  Oh yeah before I forget, fuck the russian rapists, russian nazis and fuck putin.

  

Please donate by Paypal by clicking above. Thank you. :)

  

Please donate by Paypal by clicking above. Thank you. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment